~Note~

Please note that you can always click on an image in my postings and it will render a clear full sized version in a separate browser page! Also please note that this blog is best viewed with Firefox and Chrome
Google
 

Sunday, September 16, 2007

First post on this blog

Blogging is not new to me, but I am creating yet another one. This Blog will focus on my professional areas of interest. Namely, Oracle and other technical subject areas.

A bit about me without giving you an explicit resume- (if you want my resume, want to see where I worked, or more- please contact me through email partench@gmail.com or look over a briefing at http://www.linkedin.com/in/cali97 ). I've been doing technical work in some fashion since 1996. I've been to a few good schools, racked up a couple of higher degrees, and even considered going into healthcare/medicine until I realized it was almost as corrupt as politics.

I've been lucky enough to work on projects and software that made it to film (Pixar's "Finding Nemo"), lucky to work 1 on 1 with Shaun O'Brien on many projects, as he was my direct mentor at my previous employer and is also employed by my current employer now too! I can't shake that guy?! Now, saldy he was hired away to be a Principal Product Manager at ORACLE for JDeveloper and the ADF Framework. Congrats to him. Unfortunately, 90% of my work is buried and hidden deep in my client's vaults never to be seen by outside eyes.

My areas of specialization and interest are in Oracle Database Development, Data Warehousing, Business Intelligence, Informatics, Tuning, Motion Picture Visual Effects, Graphical Rendering Engines, ...I could go on!

On a lighter note, the real person side of me is enjoying city life in Chicago. I live just a block away from the Lincoln Park zoo. Its quite a change from San Francisco! I enjoy trying new restaurants, taking in art museums as well as creating a bit of my own art, and of course seeing the Chicago Bears play on Sundays. I'd like to get into rock climbing when time permits, and I'm already planning a trip or 2 to check out some vineyards in Michigan and maybe Napa Valley as well. Again....I could go on!

No comments:

Post a Comment